The District of Saanich has partnered with a number of Community Organisations to present the Saanich Cycling Festival on Sunday, June 19 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. The event features a Family Bike Ride escorted by the Saanich Police.
“Bling” your Bike and Ride with DAD on Father’s Day!
Family Bike Ride starts at 10:00 am.
There will be a 4.1 km Festival route and a 1.2 km Family route for the smallest cycling enthusiasts. Stage entertainment, bike demonstrations, interactive games and activities, information displays, the bike rodeo, concessions and fun for the entire family.
Depart at 10:00 am
Return at 11:00 am
Cycle from the University of Victoria
to Shelbourne Street and return
down McKenzie Avenue (view route)
- Slow pace suitable for families, children
- Police will provide a rolling road closure
- Bicycle parking provided, please bring locks
- School participation bike rack prizes
- A chance to win a variety Draw Prizes
- Level Ground Coffee
- Royal Oak Rotary Club
- Gordon Head Lions
(Snocones & Cotton Candy)
- Sydney Rotary Club
Time: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
University of Victoria (Lot #10)
Your chance to provide input to the Vision for the Shelbourne Corridor
- Saanich Corridor Study & Community Mapping
- Shelbourne Corridor Action Plan
- Shelbourne Walkability Committee.
- Climate Action Planning
- Friends of Mount Doug Community Association
- Tour de Rock participants
- Regional Parks Youth Volunteer Trail Ambassadors
- Saanich Environmental Committee
- Bowker Creek Initiative
- Mt. Tolmie Community Association
- Atlantis Programs and Pedalheads
- BC Hydro
- Bike Rodeo
- Saanich Parks & Recreation
- Saanich Fire
- Saanich Emergency Preparedness
- University of Victoria Sustainability Program
Video Footage of the 2010 Event